Are you ready for the simplest, least messy, best beer bread recipe ever? Good, we are too.
Whether you need an appetizer or a quick snack, this recipe is a great option. It’s light, tasty and bakes in no time. The secret to the best beer bread recipe isn’t in the mix – it’s craft beer. Particularly, Michigan craft beer.
Frankenmuth Brewery has many great offerings, including Batch 69 IPA and The Hef, and this mix allows you to use any of our craft beers. However, you’ll want to remember that the lighter the beer, the lighter the bread will be.
Bountiful Beer Bread Mix
12 oz. craft beer
3 Tbsp. melted butter (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine beer and beer bread mix.
3. Stir for 20 to 30 seconds. Do NOT overmix; the batter will be lumpy.
4. Spread batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
5. Pour melted butter on top if desired.
6. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown.
7. Cool completely before serving.
This recipe makes about 14 servings.
For our friends high up: add 2 tablespoons of water in addition to the 12 oz. of beer and follow the recipe as written above.
To make a sandwich bread-style loaf, add 2 eggs to the mixture and continue the directions above.
Now that you know the secret to the best beer bread recipe, get out there and make your own Frankenmuth Brewery craft beer bread!