Looking for a recipe your friends will be talking about for days? Look no further than our beer mac n cheese!
Adding your favorite Michigan craft beer to mac n cheese will brighten up the flavors and the hops will add a little bit of a bite.
2 cups small pasta
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs butter
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1 cup Amber Ale or Pilsener
2 cups milk
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbs Parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta until just al dente. Strain and set aside.
2. While the pasta cools and drains, melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir.
3. Mix in the flour, continuously stirring for one minute. The roux should be golden brown.
4. Using a whisk, add in the milk and beer. Bring to a boil until thickened.
5. Reduce heat and add cheeses, stirring until melted.
6. Add noodles to the cheesy mixture and stir well. Use salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer noodles into a baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
8. Enjoy your beer mac n cheese with a Frankenmuth Brewery craft beer!
The versatility of this recipe makes it a great one. If you want a mac n cheese that packs some heat, use our Hot Rocket Jalapeño Blonde, but if you want a more savory dish, use The Hef. You can even top it with bacon or mix the bacon in with the noodles.
However you decide to make your beer mac n cheese, you’re sure to create an unforgettable dish if you use Frankenmuth Brewery craft beer!